Each artist works at a different hourly rate, so please check out the portfolio page to see what the prices are. We also have pre-made flat rate designs available.
If you are local to the Estes Park, Allenspark, Pinewood Springs, Drake, or Glen Haven area - please mention that you are a local to get a discount on tattooing or piercing procedures!
Deposits are required to make a tattoo appointment. This money goes toward the final price of your tattoo. In other words, if it is a multiple session piece, it will be applied to the last session.
More information about deposits can be found by reading the form.
The price of the deposit is half the amount of the estimated price of the tattoo. If the tattoo is too large or complex to be estimated, the deposit price maxes out at $250.
• Do you do piercings?
- No, we do not have a piercer on staff.
• What is your touch-up policy?
- I will provide free touch-ups on my own work between 6 weeks and 6 months. After this period of time, the ink has settled to a point where the entire thing would have to be gone over. If you are wanting a touch up on work I've done older than 6 months, it will be at a rate of $50 an hour, with a $20 minimum, so come in early to avoid additional cost!
• Do you tattoo minors with parental consent?
- We cannot tattoo minors under any circumstances (yes, including parental consent) at The Mystic Mustang per our liability insurance policy. But feel free to come back on your 18th birthday!
• Will you tattoo my face/throat/hands/knuckles?
- We will tattoo these places on the body, however it must be acknowledged that these tattoos will likely affect how others will view you. There are bars in Colorado that will not allow individuals with hand, face or throat tattoos, period, and of course certain career paths that look down on them as well.
• Will you tattoo the sides of my fingers/sides of my feet/palm/sole/inner lip?
- Preferably no. These areas don't last the test of time, as you can see in these examples:
I'd much rather do tattoos that I know will look solid for a long while, and all of these spots are almost guaranteed to fade. If you really are set on one of these placements, you will forfeit your right to free touch-ups and will have to sign an extra waiver. The same with white ink tattoos or teeny tiny tattoos.
• What should I do to prepare for my appointment?
- Make sure you are well hydrated and bring some water with you to your appointment. Do not drink heavily the night before, nothing is worse than getting tattooed when you're hungover, and even if you don't feel hungover, your skin will be much more difficult to tattoo. Wear clothing that allows for the tattooed area to be easily reached, and that you don't care about potentially getting ink on. Moisturize your skin and rest well. Right before the appointment, make sure to eat a large meal and potentially bring something sugary to snack on to keep your blood sugar up.
If you wish to avoid some the pain of the tattoo process, it is recommended that you take pain killers of some variety. We do not recommend using creams using lidocaine as they will make the area tougher to tattoo, and have not found that it is very useful in pain relief. Having distractions (such as watching a favorite show) is certainly helpful, and you can feel free to bring headphones to accommodate that!
• How should I take care of my fresh tattoo?
- Please check out the aftercare sheet for a refresher!